Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician

I have difficulty moving the tiptronic shift lever from park

Customer Question

I have difficulty moving the tiptronic shift lever from park to reverse. I have to try several times shaking the lever and trying to push the release.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Porsche. The Porsche Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have difficulty releasing the tiptronic lever and shifting from park into reverse or drive. What is happening and what is the remedy?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No my mechanic, a generalist, has the car in for adjustment or repair.
JA: OK! The Porsche Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: Thank you.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Porsche Mechanic should know about your Porsche?
Customer: Its a year 2000 model that I just purchased with 65000 miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 6 months ago.
Hi, can you tell me which model? 996 or Boxster? Did you buy from a dealer, independent dealer or a private party? Thank you and I will await for your reply
When you say difficulty releasing the lever, do you mean the forward backward function of the selector lever is stiff or do you have difficulty pushing the button? Thanks