Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

Porsche 2002: I have lost the digital display on the radio

Customer Question

I have lost the digital display on the radio in my 2002 Boxster S. The radio still works fine. What's going on?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 7 months ago.
Can you see any characters in the display? I am assuming this is a factory radio? If so, we might be able to clean the contacts to get it to come back. Otherwise it will require internal repairs and sent out for repair. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The display is completely blank except for some background lighting. This is the factory radio. What contacts would you clean?
Remove the face plate. Clean the contact area with a clean pencil eraser and then take some alcohol and using a Qtip/cotton swab, re clean the contact area. It might work and worth trying before condemning the radio.
Also, check fuse E1 in your fusebox. It is located by the drivers left claf area. It is a longshot because I think other problems would be happening if it were blown.
calf/ankle area (typo)