Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Brought my car to the shop last week brought it home. Let

Customer Question

Brought my car to the shop last week brought it home. Let the car sit for one week. Now Battery is not working after bringing home from repair shop. Where is the battery located in the bonnet how do I jumpstart and which way do you turn the knob to turn the lights on?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. Unfortunately I do not have the info myself on the location of the battery and how to specifically jump start it from here and I apologize for that but I see no one else has posted here and wanted to help in some way on this.If the battery issue was not a problem before the repairs were done at a shop the shop may have caused an issue in the vehicle where a component is draining the battery.I would have a battery drain/draw test done to see if this is the cause here.This will require a multi meter and vehicle wiring diagrams to see for sure.I would see if the shop that did the repairs will test this for you and if found to be their fault if they will cover the costs for repair. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already got it started by AAA because it took too long for your website to respond.There is a draw on the battery. How can I find where the draw is coming from?
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself. Here is a procedure I have used in the past to locate the source of the draw. O.k.,what needs done is to leave the key out of the vehicle with the windows rolled up and make sure everything is off with access to the battery.Set the meter to amperage or milliamp and disconnect the negative cable from the battery.Put the leads in the multi meter the correct way (negative in negative and positive in the amperage or milliamp slot if equipped).Connect one cable from the meter to the ground cable that was connected to the battery and the other lead to the ground terminal on the battery,this way the current is flowing through the multi meter.After around 5 to 10 minutes see what the meter reads for a amperage draw.Normally you want to see less then 50 milliamp or less then .05 amp.If you see over this amount of a battery draw/drain then your vehicle has an electrical component draining the battery.From here you would remove one fuse at a time with the meter still in place and observe the reading on the meter until you come across one fuse that allows the draw to read below the 50 milliamp.This is the fuse or circuit that has the component on it that is drawing down the battery.Make sure when you remove one fuse if it is not the issue reinstall it and move to the next waiting a minute between each fuse removed to get an accurate reading.Once you find the fuse or circuit its on then you would look on a wiring diagram to see what that fuse powers and unplug each of those components one at a time until you locate the component causing the draw then this component would need replaced.If you need help knowing what is on the fuses circuit once the fuse is located let me know. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think that if I take out the sound system that is in the bonnet that might be a good start.
I will take a picture and send it to you
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Sounds good.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
To clarify
What type of meter do I buy. I will order one on Amazon now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the amplifier.
I would like to buy an original radio, but not sure if this amplifier is original?
Certificate of authenticity says it came with a Blaupunct Reno radio with amplifier
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
You would need a multi meter to read DC volts and amperage. Is there a part number on the amplifier anywhere and if so what is the part number?