sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I pulled the fuel pump relay and jumped pin 30 and 87 have

Customer Question

I pulled the fuel pump relay and jumped pin 30 and 87 have power to relay nothing at pump plug don't think I have an open circuit. could it be a dme relay and if so where is it and how can I test it, can it be bypassed?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The fuel pump is powered by the fuel pump relay. Current comes to pin 30 of the relay and leaves on 87, going directly to the pump. If you have power on pin 30, you jumped 30 to 87 and there was no power on the green/white wire at the fuel pump then you have an open circuit in the wire between the relay and pump.