Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine

Porsche Boxster S: removed seat from 2002 boxster to replace

Customer Question

removed seat from 2002 boxster to replace bad electrical switch on ignition. Turned ignition on to test before reinstalling seat which triggered seat belt fault light. Is there any way to turn off this light besides getting a dealer to reset?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Porsche.Have you tried to disconnecting the battery yet? (First please make sure everything is plugged back in)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. I know on some vehicles you can disconnect negative on the battery for a few minutes and this will reset, but didn't know if would work on Porsche.
On some models yes it will clear(too many variations to know them all). If it works then you are set but if not then yes, the Dealer (or Professional Repair shop) will be needed.If you have more questions, please ask as I strive to give Excellent service. Also please take the time to rate my help (1-5 stars), as it helps me.