tech0405, Technician
Experience:  Certified technican 10 years experience

Porsche Cayenne GTS: - I have a 2010 Cayenne GTS - on occasions

Customer Question

Hi - I have a 2010 Cayenne GTS - on occasions it will downshift from Drive to Manual on its own - at low speed down to M1 - on the freeway during heavy traffic around 50mph from Drive to M3 or M4.
I keep it on M mode to avoid the sudden and jerky downshifting. Sometimes it does not do it for days
Any feedback is appreciated
Category: Porsche
Expert:  tech0405 replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon Rudy this is a common issue on these more then likely you have a faulty valve body located inside the transmission right above the transmission pan the check balls inside of it tend to stick and cause abnormal shifting issues like the one you are having i recommend you have that component checked since more then likely its your issue . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely no the feedback/ rating thank you