Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician

Can ask a question of my cayman s, Yesterday my transmision

Customer Question

Hi can ask a question of my cayman s
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yesterday my transmision start to hit hard when change from 5 to 4 pasing 4 hours of trafic
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Porsche Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 7 months ago.

Can you describe your problem with the gearbox? Manual or automatic and what year Cayman is this?transmission? "change from 5-4 passing 4 hours of traffic"? Do you mean after driving 4 hours in traffic, the transmission starting malfunctioning?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Te problem was that when i push the acelerator to have more power and go faster the car change from 5 to 4 gear and when that hapens feel a hard hit like if some think push with a kikIts a cayman s 2006 tiptronic
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That problem start after pasing 4 hours in trafic with high temperature

OK I have to ask some more questions:

1 How many miles on your car?

2 Has the transmission ever been serviced? Fluid and filter change?

3 Did his only happen one time? Is the problem happening right now from a cold start or only when it gets very hot?

There are lower temperature thermostats available for your car to help in a hot climate and your info states Mexico so this should be considered if you have not already installed it. From 83C to 71C so a good change.

4 Were there any warnings or lights that came on in the instrument cluster when this happened?

5 How is the car right now?

Thanks and I will await your reply