Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

99' Boxster power window problems - After charging the dead

Customer Question

99' Boxster power window problems - After charging the dead battery, the windows went down to approximately 1/3 open and would lower completely but raise no higher. Then, over the next couple of days, the passenger window lowered completely (on its own, no one touched it) and now will not operate at all. The drivers window is still the same, will lower completely but will only raise to about 1/3 open.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 8 months ago.

OK, I am going to help you with this and it is an easy fix. There is a microswitch in the A pillar of the hook for the convertible top latch. They frequently go bad and this is the problem. I will get you the part number in a sec.

The part number for this microswitch assembly is 986 613 795 02 dealer list $70.51. You will also possibly need 2 each of the following "clamping washer". I say possibly because they are easy to lose and/or break and are very cheap. 999 507 534 01 dealer list $0.56 each.

You can confirm this is the problem by sticking a pocket screwdriver or similar tool in the hook area to push the "door" for the microswitch up. Then try the windows. These had a part number update to make the switch more rugged and less prone to this failure. It actually is not the switch but the plastic frame that houses the switch and flexes not allowing the switches to fully depress

Do you need some instructions on how to access this switch? Don't despair, it is easy.

Hi, do you still need help with your Boxster?