Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have a 1999 Porsche boxster its shutting down when it

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Porsche boxster its shutting down when it reaches 185 deg and will start again when its cooled off
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I can drive the car about 5 miles then when it reaches temp it shuts off just dies
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I crank shaft position sensor?
JA: Is there anything else the Porsche Mechanic should be aware of about your Porsche?
Customer: no was running well then on bumpy road it shut down the first time don't know if road had anything to do with it but ??
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure all battery cables are clean and tight at the battery as well as to where they run and connect to.If there are any battery cable or cable connection issues this will need to be corrected to resolve this issue here.A bumpy road can loosen an already loose or corroded connection and this connection may be affected by temperature and cause an issue like this here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete