Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I have 2007 porsche carrera 4s the pasm failure comes on the

Customer Question

I have 2007 porsche carrera 4s the pasm failure comes on the screen on and off what does it mean
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: sport mode does not work
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no i have porsche dealership 15 miles from me i go to have appt next week
JA: OK! The Porsche Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Porsche Mechanic should be aware of about your Porsche?
Customer: trying to find out what it entails cost wise
JA: Our top Porsche Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Porsche Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Porsche Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 9 months ago.

Hi Iam going to give you some assistance on this for you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is the problem with the past failure on screen I got the computer reset but showed up again 2 weeks later

So you have a PASM warning in the instrument cluster? It is good you have an appointment. This is the Porsche Active Suspension Management system. This could be many causes for this fault and it could be something as simple as a recent poer supply fault entered into the computer. But since it happens regularly, I would want to see what fault is stored from the computer.

Did anything out of the ordinary occur when the warning first showed up?

Power (typo) supply (battery change?)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no the car runs perfectly

OK, well maybe it is something so simple as an errouneous fault but since it is stored in the PASM control unit, it requies a reset before it will stop reappearing. The Porsche dealer will be able to quickly determine this with the PIWIS tester. It also records the actual events when the fault occurred.

I wish I could tell you it was this or it was that but without scanning it with a PIWIS tester, it is just a wild guess.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I took the car in last They cleared computer to see if it came back it did

Can you tell me what the fault was if you remember or if it is documented on the repair order? Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
PASM failure

Sorry, there would be a specific code like "000E left rear shock absorber" or "C177 Front control module fault" and there will be more specific information within the fault to help pinpoint the problem. They should have a record of this.