Wolfgang
Wolfgang, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Master Tech L1 L2 advanced diagnosis certified 15 yr technician
19871424

2004 porsche cayanne starts then stalls in ten seconds

Customer Question

Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything else been tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Expert:  porscheguru replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I am going to take over from here. I am here for you when you return to chat. Even if you are stranded and it is doing this, I can offer a suggestion that will allow the engine to start and take it to a service facility or your home and potentially fix it your self

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

on your vehicle there a really good chance that the main fuel pump is not working. the reason that the run time for 10 seconds because there is a transfer pump due to the design of the fuel tank you have (saddle type). fuel pressure test is needed to verify the issue. recommendeation is to replace both fuel pumps and the fuel filter lid assy. your vehicle is over 12 yrs old . once the replacement of these parts your Cayenne will run like it did before

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang