Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I have a 2003 911 carerra and the pcm seems to short out and

Customer Question

I have a 2003 911 carerra and the pcm seems to short out and I get no sound, then for no apparent reason It will start working without notice. I am seeing this a a common problem on line it seems, one guy changed the Bose amp and he said it solved all the same issues for him, suggestions?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 9 months ago.

Do you have any ability to scan this with a piwis tester? Yes the amps go bad but I would like to know some things the piwis tester could tell us. Sometimes these had an update to fix problems like this

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What the heck is a piwis tester?. I am assuming this is something a technician would have,so I do not have such without going to someone who might have such.

Let me look for a bulletin and we can see if a software update will fix your problem. I need just a little bit of research time. I might need the numbers or a pic of the label on the amp. Hang a bit for me please

I am going to give you a link to my private server and would like for you to download this document.

OK, download this and follow the instructions so I can see what software you have installed. Those current amplifiers with the current software are (depending on your equipment) are around $1,000

https://www.mediafire.com/?x4k8bpn6q54bspq

I can offer you a phone call service if this helps? It is a small but worth while additional fee

Were you able to download the document for the software update on the amp? I want o walk you through it because there is a translation issue in one part where you hold a serious of buttons to determine the software level.

My apologies, the last download has the translation issues. Here is the original document:

https://www.mediafire.com/?nfumg7uogv34272

As soon as you return to chat, I can walk you through this or we can initiate a phone conversation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will not be able to do this until sometime tonight. I have downloaded the document.

OK, I will be around so just return to chat when you want to discuss this. But the second document is the one I want you to use for reference. Thanks and chat with you later.

Hi, I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you had the time to work on this now? Thanks Frank