Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Start/stop deactivated. why, just got a warning message. car

Customer Question

start/stop deactivated. why
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Porsche. The Porsche Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just got a warning message. car runs ok, but starts funny
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: nearest dealer/porsche specialist is 130 miles/ so would like to fix it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Porsche Mechanic should know about your Porsche?
Customer: 2014 cayenne GTS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, the most common reason i see the auto start/stop function not working properly is when there is a battery voltage issue. If its charging under 14v it will not function.

Aside from that keep in mind if the heat/air is on it can also effect the operation as well.

Let me know how else i can help. thanks.