Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

My name is marcelo i own a cayenne 2003 v8 and psm fault

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** own a cayenne 2003 v8 and psm fault light comes on when car warms up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes it started with the cruise control dropping out a few weeks ago and then it led to the car loosing power I've changed battery also cam sensors and i lubricated the brake pedal switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Porsche Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 1 year ago.

Hi Marcelo, this is Frank. I want to help you with your problem. I have worked at a Porsche dealer helping Porsche owners for over 30 years! So you have an 03 Cayenne S (V 8) and you are stating the PSM warning light fault is displayed after warning up? Can you give me more information please? Does this happen occasionally or does it happen every time you start the engine?

Mileage?

How long has the PSM warning light coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It comes on after 10 minutes of driving and stays on also loss of power
I changed cam sesors and battery also lubricated the brake switch but still no good

Do you have the ability to scan the vehicle? Durametrics? I really need to know what the fault is in the control unit before we proceed. Those brake switches are super cheap and they did go bad often. If you do not have a scan tool, it would be the cheapest part to throw at it to see if it fixes it. Even lubricating them can not help when they are bad or worse intermittently bad!