porscheguru
porscheguru, Porsche technician
Experience:  Exclusive Porsche only technician for over 28 years
71042349

2005 LEFT DOOR MAKES CLICKING NOISE ABOVE UPPER NGE AREA AT

Customer Question

2005 LEFT DOOR MAKES CLICKING NOISE ABOVE UPPER HINGE AREA AT DASH LEVEL IN A-PILLAR. BORE SCOPE SHOWS NOTHING
Category: Porsche
Expert:  porscheguru replied 1 year ago.

I want to help you but it sounds like you have this under control for the most part except the noise is still there. If you have gone to the trouble of using a borescope I know it must be driving you crazy. Have you taken the door panel off? Can you maybe take a high res video and upload it to youtube so I can hear this noise? I would normally ask for the obvious items like has the door check been inspected and eliminated as the culprit. Sometimes those fasteners can get loose. Or have you loosened the fasteners and retorqued them for the door check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just rectified the problem, after 2 days and 3 technitions trying to solve this!!! Upper hinge nut loose , bottom nut too tight..loosened bottom nut and retightened both to spec. I love working for nothing!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still can't believe noise and feel resonated that loud and that far up the pillar

Congratulations on finding it. I do know what it feels like to get beat up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

I have to close this request so congrats and so long. I am a longtime dealer tech so if you ever need future help feel free to request me

porscheguru