Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Yellow engine light some time is on and some time goes away,

Customer Question

Yellow engine light some time is on and some time goes away, how can I reset this alarm ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Porsche. The Porsche Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I do not sense any problem on the car, just the engine light sometime is on and sometime is not.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: That would be great it I can reset that code.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Porsche Mechanic should know about your Porsche?
Customer: Not that Im aware !
JA: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Porsche Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, that warning is more of a message. it is telling you something is wrong, it could be the clock is not set, the tire pressures, the oil level, the washer fluid. there are many reasons. you need to check the messages screen to see what may be the issue. this is generally not a hard fault as in a failure its more of a message to get you to check the dash and see what is not right. they really didnt make these as user friendly as they should have, even we can get frustrated at times trying to figure out why the message is popping up. maybe if you take some pictures of the dash as the warning is on and upload to me i can see what i can find that can help you figure out what the car is trying to tell you. :)

let me know , Lou.