Porsche Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.
Inspect for pin holes at the head rest base guide supports.If there are pin holes in the guide supports then a small pin is needed to release the lock the release the head rests when they are in the full up position.If there are no pin holes at all on this model to release them let me know so we can continue.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.
O.k.,try this procedure and see if this allows the head rests to be removed.
1. Push adjusting knob -A- and pull headrest up as far as possible.
2. Press down cushion beside the right-hand headrest guide -B-. Information The locking mechanism is on the left-hand side of the vehicle on all outer headrests and must always be pressed towards the right-hand side of the vehicle.
3. Press locking mechanism inwards using a finger -C- and at the same time pull headrest out in upward direction -D-.
1. Push headrest into headrest guides.
2. Push adjusting knob -A- and push headrest down -B- until locking tab engages at limit stop.
Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.
Try to push down slightly on the head rest at the same time trying to pull up kind of back and forth like this with this depressed and see if it frees up and then releases.If this does or does not work let me know.
This should have worked here.Do you hear any clicking noises or any other noises at all when trying to release these here when pressing on the release on the guide?
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself for this.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else has any more info just let me know if this is something you would like to do.