Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

, I have a 2008 Boxster Tiptronic and my key is

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Matt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2008 Boxster Tiptronic and my key is stuck into the Ignition, it ask me to put the lever to park, wich is already
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Porsche Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello

I'd 1st investigate the connections to the brake pedal switch and the wiring to it for any crimp damage or fraying. Ideally use a multimeter to check that the switch is working OK. This is because the gearbox controller won't allow the lever to shift from park until it sees that your foot is on the brakes

if this seems OK then there's an emergency function to remove the key, if you look closely at the bezel surrounding the key there's a tiny 1.0mm hole towards the back, if you poke a piece of stiff wire ( a straightened out paper clip works well) into the hole you should be able to wiggle and remove the key

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Matt,The switch on the brake pedal works fine, I know that because I'm able to start the car, otherwise won't.
I'm able to remove the key using the procedure you suggested, but do you suggest other place to look rather the ignition switch?
Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

hello

OK in that case I'd say the fault must lie with the ignition switch to be honest either that or the wiring between the switch and the body control unit

or its fault with the body control unit but if the doors unlock and the alarm disables its likely not to be that

I'd suggest the next step is to remove the plastic trim around the steering column and check the ignition swith connections and wiring

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you