Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I have several fault codes showing on my 2007 v6 tip

Customer Question

Hi I have several fault codes showing on my 2007 v6 tip cayenne. . Four whee drive system failure
Psm failure abs failure headlamp failure. The car drives fine. Auto technician could not erase fault warning lights even using psw
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer .
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

Do you have the fault code # ? If you do please post here to narrow down the area. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have the fault codes to give you.
When I switch on the ignition I have the following messages. ... Psm failure, four wheel drive system failure, abs system failure, headlamp system failure. And also the ! Tire pressure is illuminatedThe tires are at correct pressure. The headlamps are ok, the brake pedal sensor gives a reading when connected to the PIWIS tester. Also the warning lights cannot be eliminated with PIWIS? ??????
I have recently fitted a new battery. Could the problem be a simple wheel sensor error, abs sensor?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

It is hard to say. I do not want to tell you to replace X part and does not rectify the issue !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what you are really saying is you don't know?
I was hoping that you could at least narrow it down to something given you have 20 years experience on Porsche.
I am disappointed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

I can help but I need more information. think it like this court case an trying to narrow down the culprit who has done the crime... I need clues(fault codes) then evidence( diagnosis of codes) to prove what area to look into!! It's not fair to say go after this or that and does not rectify your issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to narrow down the problem, what I have been able to eliminate are the wheel speed sensors abs wheel sensors so far.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

did you ever get a scan test?