Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I have a 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet 6 Speed Manual

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet 6 Speed Manual with 9,700 miles. Just took it out for a spin yesterday and had trouble putting the top back up. Read the manual and followed directions to manually put it up since it was stuck half way so I could drive it to a repair facility. Did that and as I was pulling the roof back up manually, I could actually hear leaking. Oil dripped (about a cup) on the floor just in-front of each rear tire (forward). Convertible top went up when I got it within a couple of inches and used the dash button to finish it. Shut the car off and checked the engine oil dip stick. Oil level is fine at the second dot where it always is. Is the convertible top hydraulically operated? Where did the oil come from? Any suggestions, ideas or advice much appreciated. Bob from Orlando Florida
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bob,

Your Porsche will have electric/hydraulic system like many soft tops.

Best bet is to take it Porsche.

Like many systems, it is difficult to say what is wrong with car.

Hope this gives you some guidance.

Gary