Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My 2004 Porsche was in a minor accident in the front where

Customer Question

My 2004 Porsche was in a minor accident in the front where both Airbags deployed. Now the car will start but won't stay on longer than 10 seconds. What is the reason for this?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

hey there thanks for the question.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

I apologize, the Cayenne has a relay/switch under the drivers seat that needs reset or replaced when in a collision that causes airbag deployment.

It will be under the drivers seat in front of the battery and if it is the type that resets it will be a yellow switch.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

The main question would be did the car start for 10 seconds just on the initial start after repair or will it continue to start and run then for 10 seconds and die?

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

The best way to KNOW if the rest switch is the issue is to check the jump start terminal under the hood. Left side of the engine compartment remove the cover and test for power. If there is power there then we know the relay or reset switch is not at fault.