Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My name is ***** ***** and my problem is with a Porsche 1990

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my name is ***** ***** and my problem is with a Porsche 1990 928s4 that won't rev past 4K rpm That is is neutral. The car is an automatic. When driving with a very slight loud (up high, or very moderate acceleration) it hesitates badly at only 2K rpm I can only rev up to 4K rpm with no load in neutral. The it hits a wall
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The issue suddenly started today. Very bad timing too in that I'm trying to sell the car and I was taking it out with a potential buyer when it first manifested itself. I thought maybe the fuel gauge was faulty so I stopped for more gas (30 liters), but that made no difference. I've gone back to the car several times today, and it continues to have this problem. It was bolt out of the blue new today, and I'm not sure what else to say about it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Porsche Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll check back with your later then. I have to get to typing up this issue (and another) in an e-mail to my normal 928 repair shop to see if they can get me. I just was doing some advance research. I'll check back after that. Thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be an issue with a restriction in the exhaust like a restricted catalytic converter as this can be a common component that can fail and cause this here.I have also seen issues with a weak fuel pump needing replaced or restricted fuel filter needing replaced causing this fault here.If these have not been checked into/tested at all this needs done and if any faults are found the faults need repaired to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete