Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2004 porsche cayenne heater doesn't work, replaced blower

Customer Question

2004 porsche cayenne heater doesn't work, replaced blower motor and resistor
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tachometer goes around to 6 o'clock position, gas gauge goes way past full
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This sounds like an electrical ECU fault causing the heater/ac issue wit hthe blower as well as the gauges to act up.I have seen body control ECU's fail internally needing replaced to correct faults like this here.The first step though will be having the codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set then diagnosed and repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete