Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Matt, I was on with you on Wednesday and my computer ran out

Customer Question

Hi Matt,
I was on with you on Wednesday and my computer ran out of battery
have the same problem. Had turbo rebiuld 3 times since it was leaking. discovered about a 1/2 cup of oil on the cold side that seems to be coming in from Turbo bearing?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

1 thing to check is the size of the feed hole on the oil hose on the top of the turbo centre section

it should have a restrictor either in the line or on the entry to the turbo of 1.0mm diameter, if this restrictor is not present or if the turbo drain pipe is somehow blocked then the turbo bearigns will be flooded and leak past the seals into the intake

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.