Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

1979 911 sitting 7 years where do i start what kind of spark

Customer Question

1979 911 sitting for over 7 years where do i start what kind of spark plugs and wires to getwhat plugs and wirers took wrench belt will move car wont turn over got the gas tank out soaking in kerosine and rocks what use to seal around tank what do i need to get electrical im not rich but amazon has parts
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what sparkplug wirers to get copper or other i seen car had a vw air cleaner can i go vw parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
key switch maybe think i wasted my $5 bucks what brand to go bosch nkg plugs what kind of oil to put
ii got to get ready for work here in a little bit
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** are doing the right thing by pulling the tank and cleaning it. If the tank is rusting inside you need to seal it with an epoxy sealant. Click here for a good tank sealer.

Once you get the tank sealed you need to check the fuel pump and replace it if needed along with the fuel filter. This car uses the Bosch CIS fuel injection system. Chances are you will need to replace the warm up regulator and the fuel distributor. These parts do not usually survive sitting for so long with old fuel. For the spark plugs you need Bosch part #7905. The ignition wires are Bosch part #09 259.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to click on a rating for my service.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Porsche. Was my answer helpful?