Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have the same issue as this was wondering what was the

Customer Question

i have the same issue as this was wondering what was the issue and how did they resolve it. http://www.justanswer.com/car/1qmzo-help-porsche-cayenne-battery-brand-new.html#re.v/288/
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.I need a little more info to assist better.

Was the starter ever tested at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it wasn't. Just to add the fan comes on high as soon as I put the key in
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,is anything else acting up in the vehicle with this issue here?

Was anything done on the vehicle at all that may have caused this issue here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was happening and was told it was the ecu. I sent out the ecu and it was returned to me. I put it back. I search the Internet for the error where the "d" is in the bottom left corner display and the car is in park
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The ECU is a common component to fail and cause the fault here as well as the fan running like this when the key is on or on.I have had to replace several of the engine ECU's before for this issue here.Even though it was sent out and tested they may have missed some of the testing when it was tested and the ECU may still have an internal fault in it needing replaced all together.

The only other issue I see possibly causing this is the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail to send the correct ignition signals intermittently or short out signals internally causing this fault here needing replaced.

It is difficult to say for sure from here which is the cause here but these do need checked into further.I would have the ignition switch tested to see if it needs replaced and if found o.k. .then I suspect you may still have an ecu fault or wiring to the ecu is shorted or damaged somewhere.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok they actually sent me a reman and swapped my data over via a prom. They guaranteed their work so I can send it back to them. Not sure if the car is shorting out the ecu and it's going into a fault
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It is possible there could be a sensor or component that is shorting out the ECU so I would have the wiring checked leading to it to see if any shorts or damage is found needing repaired.

I would also have the electronic ignition switch tested to see if it needs replaced as this can also cause this here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh wow ok will do. Wondering since they replaced with a reman ecu that they need to sync it with the truck. Good point with the ignition switch.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If the ECU was never programmed to your vehicle this does need done.This is done at a dealer or authorized repair center unless it came already programmed for your vehicle.If it wasn't this needs done first.If it was done I would have the ignition switch tested.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here if you don't mind.

Thanks Pete