rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Should i install bmc air filters on my 991 carrera s

Customer Question

should i install bmc air filters on my 991 carrera s
Category: Porsche
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

I would keep it stock due to engineering reasons for air flow to engine. The air is properly set and computed by the engineers, and should not be altered unless you change the program itself. If you do attempt this, you would need to contact the dealer or a tuner to change the parameters.

Thanks, Ron