Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2010 911 Carerra S with PDK. Is it possible to lock

Customer Question

I have a 2010 911 Carerra S with PDK. Is it possible to lock out 1st gear and just start up in 2nd when the manual mode?
Thank you
***** *****sen
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is in the programming and would need to be checked and performed by a dealer if they can reprogram the vehicle to operate like this.Usually this isn't an option to have done but a dealer is a place you want to speak to,to see if they can obtain any special programming on this here to allow this to occur.You might also contact an auto accessory/install facility that does vehicle upgrades to see if there is any after market programming they can install to allow this to occur like you want.Other then these I don't see any other options for this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.