eauto
eauto, the car guy
Experience:  15 plus years of automotive experience
6149662

I just had an oil change and now my Porsche won't start.

Customer Question

i just had an oil change and now my Porsche won't start. Stated on computer dash "Oil pressure too low"
Category: Porsche
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

have you checked the oil level?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is full. look too full actually. Car is on a slight hill as well. just had the oil changed 2 days ago.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

The oil pressure may be too low for a number of reasons: • Oil is diluted • Oil pump is faulty • Bearing clearance is too large (e.g. crankshaft bearing) • Oil level is too low • Oil pressure regulating valve is faulty • Incorrect oil has been used - use only oil that has been approved by Porsche

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems like a coincidence that i just had the oil changed....and this is the first time the Porsche has had this problem. (also it has always started, never did not)
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

was it serviced by Porsche?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, but he was a foreign car dealer whom I used 6 months ago for an oil change
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

how many miles?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
59K
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

what brand did the use for the oil filter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have no idea
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

it can be as simple as a defective oil filter or oil pressure switch or as serious as a internal engine failue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
probably the wrong oil and wrong oil filter. should I bring it back to same mechanic or bring it to porsche dealer?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

I would have it towed to the dealer unless you still trust this shop

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the mechanic put regular oil in the Porsche instead of Synthetic?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

depending on weight that could be your issue

Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you