Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2006 Porsche Cayenne S that keeps dying. A local

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Porsche Cayenne S that keeps dying. A local mechanic has checked all fuses, switches...and it shows a 1.9amp draw but they cannot find the source. The car dies after about 2 days. Help!
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

hey there, a couple of things to keep in mind here is that these cars have COMPLEX electrical systems and a standard draw test will give inaccurate readings.

You have to remove the key from the car and out of range for at least 20 minutes after the vehicle is shut down. You also have to open the front doors and trip the latch mechanisms so the body control module times out.

This is really the only way to get the control modules to shut down and get accurate draw readings to see if the is a draw issue and trace the exact circuit that it is on.

For what it's worth, some common issues on these cars that cause battery drain are poor batter ground straps, especially where it connect to the firewall. One of the harder issues to trace on these cars is a keyless entry system failure that puts a large draw on the system, this also happens on occaasion and prevents the modules from ever shutting down which will cause a constant draw that never times out.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!