Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

In my Ferrari clone, I have a G50 6 spd mated to a LS1

Customer Question

In my Ferrari clone, I have a G50 6 spd LSD mated to a LS1 Corvette engine via an adapter plate made by Kennedy Engineering. I has run great for a few thousand miles. However, when applying significant power, the rear end tends to pull to the right. Last night, going straight, accelerating somewhat hard, the car started bucking violently with the rear end stepping out to the right and throwing me into a slide. Afterward, I drove the car on a test run including on the interstate. absolutely no problem. It drove and accelerated normally. I did a*****today on a twisty road and no problem. A friend of mine suggested that it was the LSD causing the problem. Does this sound like a likely cause? If so, what do you think is the fix? What else could cause this?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and make sure all suspension components are o.k. and none are worn or broken causing this issue here as well as all mounts for the engine and differential as this can also cause this fault.If a fault is found with any of these components here the fault will need to be corrected to resolve this issue.I would start with having all suspension and drive train components inspected for any damage or wear needing replaced or repaired.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the suspension components. Recall that I stated in my question that this did not happen again even after a four hour hard drive with strong acceleration and tight cornering so it is unlikely that the suspension, transaxle and engine mounts are the cause of the problem. also the bucking was violent in nature it pitched my car sideways. this is not the answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this be a problem with the LSD? BTW, the G50 was used by Porsche for many years.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

It is possible this is the LSD causing this fault here but its hard to say for sure.If you can I would have it checked into further with everything else here being o.k. to see if it needs repaired or if any issues are found with it at all.

Thanks Pete