Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have this 2004 Porsche Cayenne that came to the shop on

Customer Question

Hi I'm Mike and I have this 2004 Porsche Cayenne that came to the shop on the tow truck, when I turn the key to start nothing happens, meaning no crank, a message displays on dashboard "steering faulty" the battery is fully charged and I check the fuses under the seat, replace a 60 Amp one, hook up scanner have no communication with ECU
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure you are using the correct type of scan tool to communicate with this model as in some cases some scan tools will not be able to communicate with this models computers here.With the message steering fault I have seen issues with the steering lock itself to where it fails and prevents engine start up as a safety measure and the steering lock needs replaced to correct this here.This needs checked into/tested further to be sure and if found to be faulty it will need replaced.This can be a common component for this fault here.If you are using the correct scan tool let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.