Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2010 Porsche Cayenne has this squealing sort of

Customer Question

My 2010 Porsche Cayenne has this squealing sort of noise,that comes from(it seems) the area where the seat belt slides into the side wall of the vehicle (drivers side)
It is not the dinging noise of when the door is open.
Sometimes it does it,sometimes not,but what is it?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On some models the roller that the seat belt rides on can cause this noise as some rollers have bearings in them that can start to squeal and this may be occuring with slight movement of the seat belt itself.I have seen this occur before with it needing replaced which in some cases requires replacement of the seat belt itself.If this is not the location or component causing this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.