sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo; was traveling on vacation, PSM

Customer Question

2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo; was traveling on vacation, PSM failure workshop light and ABS failure workshop lights came on. Stopped at Porsche dealer in NC and code said new wheel sensor was needed. Replace sensor with Porsche parts and again when traveling both lights again came on and continue to come on after new part was installed.Please advise. Dennis
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The first thing that is going to need to be done is see what fault codes are setting in the ABS module. There are many things that will turn the ABS lights on ranging from the brake switch, the hydraulic control unit or pump motor, steering angle and yaw sensors, wiring issues, the ABS module itself, and wheel speed sensor issues. It's possible that you could have a separate issue going on but the original problem may not have been correctly diagnosed.

If it's setting a code for the same speed sensor then depending on what actual code is setting it could be a tone wheel issue or loose wheel bearing, or if it's a circuit code then it's going to be a wiring or connection problem.