Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I am having no voltage to my fuel pump in my 93 964 after

Customer Question

I am having no voltage to my fuel pump in my 93 964 after long period of not using the car. The engine will start/turn with starting fluid (Spark is ok) but no voltage measured at the fuel pump despite switching the relay and checking fuses... I ordered a new fuel pump as it also didn't run when i put electircity directly on to it... Suggestions?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Your best bet would be to get a wiring diagram and trace the fuel pump circuit back until you find the root cause. Of course you will need to do the testing when this no start condition occurs. I have attached a wiring diagram for you to view and keep for your records. The fuel pump gets power from the DME control relay. So not only this could be the issue, but you will need to check the inputs to the relay before confirming it is bad and replacing it.

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!

Amedee

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!