Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I have a 1984 Porsche 928 that has sudden tachometer jumps

Customer Question

I have a 1984 Porsche 928 that has sudden tachometer jumps while driving and when raving the engine at idle in park.
You can be driving at 2000 rpm's and there would be a sudden jump in the tach. There is no increase in speed because I have my foot on the gas at a constant.
Thanks,
Rich
928 Owner for 25 years
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car starts perfectly, does not miss, but while going down the road at normal speed, the tach will jump and go right down again. The car has also cut out a couple of times going around a corner and then restarts right away. That has been very unusual. It is tach jumping for no reason that is the problem even at high speed, but the car keeps running at 80 all day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
xxx) xxx-xxxx