Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

The airbag system fault light has come on and stayed on on

Customer Question

the airbag system fault light has come on and stayed on on my 2009 911 targa 4s. does this mean the airbags are not working?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, thank you for using our site. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

.

If the light is on or flashing the airbag system will be disabled until the fault is identified and repaired as well as any trouble codes cleared out.

.

There are many areas of the SRS or airbag system that will cause the light to come on or blink. You will want to get the code(s) read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have a better understanding of what the problem may be.

.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly RATE my service in a positive way.

.

Thanks

.