Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2001 Porche 911 Turbo AWD. Can cluth be installed w/out

Customer Question

2001 Porche 911 Turbo AWD. Can cluth be installed w/out taking engine out with just taking the the transmission /transaxle out or, can transaxle can be removed w/out taking engine out. All data call for 25Hr labor time if engine taking out. Which way is better to save time?
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have all day. May terminate this service is it takes all day to respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This model unfortunately is set up to remove the engine and transmission as a complete assembly then remove the transmission from the engine to replace the clutch.This is why the labor is so high to replace the clutch.I have run into a few models set up like this before and the reason most of the time is due to the room to remove only the transmission to replace the clutch with the engine in the vehicle isn't possible.In some cases you can support the engine from up top under the hood and remove cross members and components to where you can lower the engine and transmission slightly to then remove the transmission to replace the clutch without removing the engine completely but in allot of cases this isn't possible.
Looking at the info on this model here this doesn't look possible and does need removed as a complete engine/transmission assembly then the transmission removed to replace the clutch.
Thanks Pete