Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

2001 Porsche Boxster, front trunk fails to open some of the

Customer Question

2001 Porsche Boxster, front trunk fails to open some of the time, seems like it fails to open more often when it is hot. What is the cause?
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I continue to try to open the "sound" from the front trunk (trying to open) is getting weaker
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

this sounds like the lock solenoid is failing to me

I'd get the trunk open and remove the trim panel at the front part of the compartment to access the solenoid so you can replace it

also check that the wiring to the solenoid is undamged and the connector contacts are uncorroded

I'd also consider moving the emergency release cable to a more accessible point so you can pop the trunk if required

see here for more details

http://www.pedrosgarage.com/Site_5/Worst_Case_Scenario.html