Themaxview
Themaxview, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am ASE Certified, and have 35+ years experience with Porsche. I am an electrical, fuel, and turbo specialist.
9795573

Porsche Boxster: How do I get into my trunk, the release is

Customer Question

How do I get into my trunk, the release is releasing but the latch is not giving...
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There may be something stuck down in the latch, causing it not to release...
Expert:  Themaxview replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a professional certified mechanic, with an engineering background,and 35+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. Also keep in mind I don't know if you are a pro or a novice, so feel free to add any additional info at any time. There are a few ways to approach this. Sometimes the trunk opening system loses power, fuse C3 is the fuse to power up to bypass this. Beyond that there is an emergency release cable in the drivers side front fender well. This cable can be tough to see. I want to post a link HERE, it is a write up on opening the trunk. If explains the electrical bypass to pop the trunk. And if you scroll down it shows several pictures of the emergency release cable. If neither of those work try them while pressing down on the trunk. If after all of that it wont open the next steps are pretty drastic. Go over all of this and if you have any more questions at all, I am hereto help. Good luck with it, have a great day, and Thanks for using Just Answer.I do not get paid for my work unless you rate at 3 to 5 Smiley Faces or Stars, a bonus is always greatly appreciated. If the answer is not clear, let me know what additional help you need, and I will be happy to assist you further.