Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Porsche Carrera: Got the "Tiptronic Emergency" code. Diagno

Customer Question

Got the "Tiptronic Emergency" code. Diagnostic shows the Trans switch unit sensor is registering the speeds. Is this comnon at 75k. Should I try flushing the fluid first before spending the 4k to replace?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** i can help you, you can first try to remove the battery cables and touch them together to clear the memory, then start and drive off and see if the fault reappears, also see what gear number is ***** in the display when this happens if it happens again, you can always try to change the fluid yes, that is always where we would start, hopefully the memory erase and the fluid help and you dont have to spend a fortune on a new trans. i also recommend having the codes read to see what the fault code actually is that would help but sadly to say that if the memory erase and fluid do not help then the trans will most likely have to be replaced. i hope this was helpful. Lou.Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.