Matt, Engineer - BEng Hons
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Porsche 911 Carrera: My car was in a flooded parking lot. Now

Customer Question

My car was in a flooded parking lot. Now I can't pop the hood to jump the battery. The reduced power light was also on and the drivers seat declined.
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is going on? it has been almost an hour?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello there are a few methods to open the hood 1st one is to charge the battery via the cigarette lighter / 12V socket, if your charger doesn't have this attachment any car accessory shop will stock it to convert your charger output into a 12V lighter socket input 2nd one again uses the battery charger and there's a pull out positive charging post in the fusebox by the passengers feet and you use the door lock ring on the car body to provide an earth point 3rd option is there's a mechanical cable release thats tucked away under the wheelarch liner as shown herehttp://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads17/IMG_17741272101264.jpg
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hi
do you still need help?