Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Porsche Cayenne: changed out my 2009 cayenne fuel pressure

Customer Question

changed out my 2009 cayenne fuel pressure sensor, but still idling up and down, what's seems to be the problem?
Category: Porsche
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, sorry for the delay. Were you still needing assistance? can you elaborate a little on the idle problem. Is the idle just fluctuating up and down or is it kind or surging? or misfiring? or what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, still trying to figure out! It is idling up & down between(###) ###-####rpm intermittently in 2-3 seconds. Only when I shift to "Park" or "Neutral", running smooth while driving! Enginge light comes on, code slows running lean.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Ahh thanks for the additional information.
if you getting a lean code and an erratic idle you could have an air leak or a MAF issue as well.
Do you know if the trims were lean in one bank? or both banks?
any other codes at idle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The new codes now are P0507, P2187, P2189, Autozone told me what they are, so what do I need to do next.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Yea, looks like you certainly have an intake air leak somewhere. Your best bet would be to smoke the intake to find the leaks, in the meantime simply check the vacuum lines at the fron and back of the engine intake. It's not uncommon for them to crack and leak over time especially at the Y connectors.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.
Let me know how you made out. If you need additional help let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so they credit me for my time. thanks.