Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche: whoa... uh... my porsche boxter key came apart in

Customer Question

whoa... uh... my porsche boxter key came apart in the ignition... the silver part is in there and the black part came off.. and i can't get it out....
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
You can try a piece of chewed on gum or similar to stick to the broken blade making sure you turn off the key all the way and see if it removes then.If this does not work a lock smith will most likely need to come out to remove the piece and check for any damage needing repaired or any components needing replaced.
The key itself will need ordered in from a dealer and replaced.
Thanks Pete