Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche Boxster: 986 Boxster Top doesn't go down, horn doesn'

Customer Question

986 Boxster Top doesn't go down, horn doesn't sound, rolling sound from right rear on left turns.
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The sound you hear can be wheel bearing failure on that side of the vehicle.If you have not had the wheel bearings checked this should be done to see if it needs replaced in the right rear.
The horn issue can be a fault with a horn relay as I have seen fail on several models in the past before and had to replace it.If this has not been checked this needs done and the horn circuit tested to pinpoint if the relay or another component is the cause.
The top not working may be a fault with a micro switch failure as most convertible tops use micro switches to sense top position and if one or more are acting up sending false signals this will occur.This would need checked using a scan tool or computer that will plug into your vehicle and can read the data from the top control module to pinpoint which is the cause.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete