Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

It rained heavily today and I came home to find that my 2005 porsc

Customer Question

Hi, it rained heavily today and I came home to find that my 2005 porsche cayenne's back lights are on, the remote doesn't work and the trunk and fuel tank doors do not open. What should I do?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Sebastian Vizcarra replied 1 year ago.
HiSounds like your vehicles battery is dead. If the engine does not crank over quickly, it will most likely be your battery. If you have a battery jumper box you can access the battery jump location point under the front hood. It's located on the driver side of the engine compartment and has an access panel with the battery icon on it. You will find that under this cover is a red cover, this is where you would connect your battery positive cable of the jumper box. The ground cable gets attached to the silver prong next to the battery positive jump point. What tools do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery is fine. This was an answer to my question and it came too late. I already drove the car to a Porsche mechanic. Please refund $5. Thanks.