Sebastian Vizcarra
Sebastian Vizcarra, Porsche Meister Tech
Experience:  Porsche Factory Certified Master Technician
33251536

I have a 2005 porsche cayenne S, faulty steering wheel and

Customer Question

I have a 2005 porsche cayenne S, faulty steering wheel and the engine light is on, car is dead and wont start
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Sebastian Vizcarra replied 1 year ago.
Hi,First thing that should be done is the replacement of the battery. You will have a huge list of fault codes stored in almost every control module. I would erase them and let the vehicles self diagnosis tests run there course and identify the faults to you.After the battery, it would be good to test the charging system and also check to see if you have a current drain that is killing the battery.Let me know what tools you have such as a scan tool, what historical codes you had for the engine control module and the steering fault. Once you get me this info we can move forward with more tests to locate the root cause of your vehicles problems. Please do not accept till I finish figuring out your problem.Thanks,Sebastian.