Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Porsche 911 Carrera: tpms sensors replaced, control unit replaced

Customer Question

tpms sensors replaced, control unit replaced on a 2007 997 Porsche, all codes cleared, instrument cluster not set, reset tpms light in dash, no pressure values next to wheels on dash, only 2 dots next to tires, went on screen under replace tires and calibrate while driving, twice upon reaching 27-28 miles nonstop, TPMS lite comes on, TPC inactive lights up, I pull over restart the car, lights still on, I start moving and lights go off, start calibration again and the same thing, I cannot make it show the tire pressue on the dash next to the 4 wheels. What am I doing wrong??
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
hello, the tpms sensors have to be coded into the tpms module, if they are not coded the tpms will not recognize the sensors and will not initiate. you need to have the sensors read with a tpms tool and the numbers written down and then the car hooked up to a porsche factory scan tool to insert the numbers into the correct positions inside the module then it can be activated and function again like normal . hope this helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
keep in mind that rating me does not end our conversation, it simply credits me for assisting, you can return here for follow up information if you need for no additional charge. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sensors were coded with new ID numbers taken with TPMS , already done and all codes cleared and TPMS LIGHTS AND RED EXCLAMATION LIGHT ALSO CLEARED, only thing not showing is the tire pressure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sensors were coded with new ID numbers taken with TPMS scan tool, already done and all codes cleared and TPMS LIGHTS AND RED EXCLAMATION LIGHT ALSO CLEARED, only thing not showing is the tire pressure
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, in the dash setting have you went through all the options to set up the tire size and winter or summer tyres?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and that was part of the calibration while driving continually for 27 for 27 miles before the TPC INACTIVE came up along with TPMS LIGHT, I pulled over, restarted car, upon moving, lights went off by themselves, went into tire change and calibrate again, drive another 27 miles and same thing
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, where did you buy all the parts from? what scanner are you using to program module with tpms sensors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dealer and Autologic
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, at this point you need to use a tpms tool to verify all the tpms sensors are reading, the tpms tool will read and display the tpms sensor data. i suggest starting there .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already did, when I pulled the ID ON EACH ONE. My only problem is not reading the pressure, I get 2 dots next to each tire on the cluster
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok so when you use the autologic does the module show the id and the tire sensor data for each tire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, so after you do a rest on the dash, and drive it, does it throw the warning lights on after driving for awhile? or beep at you with the tpms warning? what is the longest you have driven it? and are the sensors dealer sensors ? also the module? and are there any fault codes? forgive me i am trying to wrap my head around what may be happening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sensors and unit from dealer, after driving 28 miles straight each way, TPC INACTIVE and SENSOR YELLOW LIGHT come on.
One code in TPMS
8003 system disturbance
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, great, thanks for your patience, im sure by now you are really frustrated with the car. was this code in the system previously? why did you replace all these components?
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
also i am researching the fault code, i will try to help you figure this out. Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/iox3662h37a3wrl/911_tpms_wiring.pdf
here is a link to the wiring diagram in case we need it
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
can you give me your vin and the part numbers of the tpms sensors you purchased?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am out of the shop, till tomorrow morning
Thaks Lou
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok no problem, just reply at your convenience, i will help when you are ready ,me and another expert think the sensors may be incorrect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the TPMS sensors again and was told to set up the instrument cluster via handle on left, I just did and going for a drive, will see what happens
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
ok, hope this helps man, good luck.I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou. Keep in mind that rating me does not end the chat, it simply credits me for assisting, i will still be here to help if follow up information is needed , Lou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For sure Lou, I appreciate all your assistance and will do as soon as my problem is solved with the car.
Thanks
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks.