Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche 2006: Just bought a 2006 Porsche Cayenne and the PCM

Customer Question

Just bought a 2006 Porsche Cayenne and the PCM system appears to work. I have sound. But the screen is blacked out. It comes on for about 10 minutes before going out again. Any idea of what might be wrong and how much it would cost to repair?
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here that I have seen before since you have sound and function but the display itself is blanking out this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the display itself.I have seen this fail before and had to either remove the unit and have it repaired to correct this or remove and replace it.
Thanks Pete