Jake
Jake, Automotive Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Porsche 911 Carrera 4S: I have a 2004 911 carra 4s convertible

Customer Question

I have a 2004 911 carra 4s convertible and the keyless will not unlock the doors? There isn't any exterior key hole on door handles. The hood and trunk are locked from inside.
Not sure if battery is dead. I did replace the key fob battery. How can I open the doors ???
Category: Porsche
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Is there any reason you can't use the key in the drivers door to manually unlock it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In my question ,second sentence states that there isn't any exterior door key holes???
No place to put the key
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
I have not seen a 4s that didn't have a key cyclinder on the drivers door and the parts diagram also shows them keyed.
Can you take a picture for me of the drivers handle please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
see photo attached.
Expert:  Jake replied 2 years ago.
Wow that's intelligent? I must say that's a first for me, generally there is a keyhole it's just covered up by a trim piece.
The only option I see in this case would be to access the hood release behind the splashguard headlight area